Does it feel as if kindness is in short supply lately?
Could your life be enhanced by more kindness?
Would you like to feel uplifted and more optimistic about humanity?
If your answers are yes, Bekindr is the book for you!
Bekindr was compiled and written by Eva Ritvo, MD, a leading authority to help you cultivate a life filled with kindness.
Sixty-four contributors, in their own voices, share the ways they were positively impacted by the kindness of strangers. A wide range of stories from the mundane to the heroic were selected:
- A stranger on a NYC subway whose casual remark shifted someone’s whole perspective.
- A remarkable love story that came out of the darkest of times, a story so compelling it’s part of a Broadway musical.
- The author’s own father, the beneficiary of awe-inspiring kindness…a heart transplant.
- From a photographer’s creative genius, a young woman leaves her cocoon emerging beautifully full of life’s promise.
- A Purple Heart Recipient’s dreams come true by a stranger’s act of kindness when he meets megastar Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and the inspirational Joyce Meyer…and the list goes on.
Interspersed, Dr. Ritvo shares research into the science of kindness, with wide ranging examples of kindness by historic figures, scholars and celebrities, practical tips to help you Bekindr plus dozens of inspirational quotes. This beautifully designed book is complemented with photos from many contributors. Created to be read at any pace and in any order, Bekindr is something you can keep by your bedside to come back to again and again.